Contact: Church Office
The hospitality table at New Covenant Lutheran Church is a gathering place before and after the worship services to try a new snack, have some coffee, visit with friends and meet new visitors.
The hospitality table is hosted by different groups each Sunday. If your group is interested in hosting the hospitality table, you can signup online here.
What a hospitality group does
During the winter months, the hospitality table is outside and during the summer months, the hospitality table is in the church narthex. There are table clothes in the kitchen for you to use to put on the hospitality table.
- Arrive 30 minutes before the 9 a.m. service to start the coffee. The coffee pot is plugged in near the hospitality table. There are creamers, sugar, sugar substitutes, stirrers and cups in the kitchen for you to set up near the coffee pot.
- Make lemonade or provide ice water in the drink dispenser and put on the hospitality table with cups.
- Set out the treats that your group has provided. There are serving trays of various sizes in the kitchen that you can use. There are also napkins in the kitchen for you to set out on the hospitality table.
- Between services restock treats as needed and check the coffee, lemonade/ice water levels and make more if needed.
- When hospitality is over after the 10:30 a.m. service, you will need to clean up. This includes bringing everything back to the kitchen, cleaning out the coffee pot and lemonade/ice water dispenser, putting the extra creamers, sugar, stirrers, cups and napkins away and washing up the serving trays. Any extra treats may be taken home or can be put in the freezer to be used at another time. There are storage bags in the kitchen that you can use to put items in the freezer.